BPW around the world makes up a sisterhood unique in the world of women... it is the only organization which works on behalf of employed women to help improve their status, to encourage them to improve their qualifications and experience to fit them for more responsible positions in economic, social, cultural and political life. To urge them to participate in business, community and political decision-making; to form friendships and give assistance to each other.
- Access to current information on issues affecting women.
- Shaping, lobbying and influencing the world through resolutions, letters and briefs to governments at all levels.
- Influence at United Nations as Category One Status through our international federation.
- Debating the issues and developing background research for resolutions.
- Insight into the big picture of our mandate “improving the economic, social, and political status of women".
Women's Empowerment Principles
BPW Canada has taken up the challenge to advance and empower women in the workplace, marketplace and civil society. We invite all stakeholders to participate in the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) National Project and to demonstrate their commitment to gender equality in Canada. Click here for more information.
BPW Canada and Equal Pay Day
BPW Canada is encouraging business and community leaders across the country to ask the Mayors in their respective communities to proclaim March 18 as Equal Pay Day. Click here for more information.
- Formal: Monthly dinner meetings, guest speakers, special events, mentoring, provincial conferences, conventions and congresses.
- Informal: Sharing/mentoring and learning from a diverse membership
- Career Skills Achievement Program offers an economical, timely and practical skill development program
- General Studies Program offers mentoring, time management, public speaking and meeting management
- Club activities and opportunities to serve in a range of leadership capacities: local club executive, provincial, national and international boards, multiple committees, and ad hoc initiatives at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership Learning Modules and Single Point Lessons for BPW members. Learning to work with others and developing leadership skills that value and respect a healthy diversity of ideas, cultures and approaches can successfully position members for the advancement of their professional, personal and/or political aspirations.
- Club meetings and projects, district/regional meetings, provincial conferences, national conventions and international congresses.
- Connection through club rosters, internet, and club committees.